Join the Contemporary Council!
The Frye Art Museum’s Contemporary Council is a new opportunity for patrons interested in a deeper engagement with contemporary art. Council members provide critical support for the acquisition of contemporary works for the permanent collection, and participate in a variety of annual programs related to collecting and appreciating contemporary art. The Council receives special access to the Museum’s leadership, including the Director/CEO and Chief Curator, and enjoys informative social experiences designed to nurture an active engagement with the most up-and-coming artists of our region and internationally.
Contemporary Council Description and Benefits:
$2,500 (one-year dual membership, one acquisition vote)*
- All of the benefits at the Frye’s $1,000 Art Circle Membership level, plus:
- Curated experiences to meet exhibiting artists and discover emerging artists, visit galleries, and learn about art trends and collecting contemporary art
- Invitation to the annual Curators’ Dinner with the Director/CEO and the Chief Curator
- Invitation to the yearly Acquisitions Meeting and an acquisition vote to inform contemporary art purchases that broaden the Frye’s permanent collection
- Priority invitations to participate in Frye-led travel opportunities (coming 2022)
- Opportunity to provide leadership for contemporary art acquisition through your Contemporary Council dues
*$2,369 tax deductible.