Join the Contemporary Council!
The Frye Art Museum’s Contemporary Council is a new opportunity for patrons interested in a deeper engagement with contemporary art. Council members provide critical support for the acquisition of contemporary works for the permanent collection, and participate in a variety of annual programs related to collecting and appreciating contemporary art. The Council receives special access to the Museum’s leadership, including the Director/CEO and Curator, and enjoys informative social experiences designed to nurture an active engagement with the most up-and-coming artists of our region and internationally.
Contemporary Council Description and Benefits:
$2,500 (one-year dual membership, one acquisition vote)*
- All of the benefits at the Frye’s $1,000 Art Circle Membership level, plus:
- Arts engagement opportunities such as artist studio visits, public art unveilings, travel opportunities (local, national, international);
- Annual private reception with the Director/CEO and Curator and other Contemporary Council contributors;
- Participate in adding selected acquisitions to the permanent collection through the contemporary collections fund created from Council dues;
- Invitations to panel discussions with contemporary collectors, gallerists, museum curators, etc.
- Visits to galleries who are showing emerging or rising stars in contemporary art;
- Invitations to hosted events to learn from the Frye’s Director/CEO and Curator how they view and collect contemporary art;
- Select VIP pass (for two) to the Seattle Art Fair and VIP tours of the Seattle Art Fair as a part of the Frye’s art acquisitions process;
- Invitations to additional events and experiences related to collecting contemporary art.
*$2,369 tax deductible.